Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Is Fashion Just a Repetition?

"Fashion has always been a repetition of ideas, but what makes it new is the way you put it together," Miss Carolina Herrera, a Fashion Designer, once said.

Whether we admit it or not, fashion is just a repetition of ideas, from the most conservative to the truly provocative clothes, they've been existing before. Before they've trended today, fashion enthusiasts born on earlier eras had already played so many mix-and-match games on it. In fact, I want to share you my story, my personal experience, that made me agree with what Ms. C. Herrera said.

Last week was really a busy week for me because November is in a hurry, and only few weeks left before I leave Philippines for I'll be working at Canada, my flight will be on January 2015. Considering the month, it'll be winter. Honestly, that will be my first time to be exposed in winter, that I need to bring as many coats or warmers as possible. My grandmother invited me to visit and choose coats and jackets from her closet which she also used in her stay abroad. What came to surprise me was her denim collection. She has denim jackets in different sizes and shades, she even have long denim jacket that can also be a dress. And we all know that denims are very mainstream today. Ah no, denims are always there, they never leave. Well, I grabbed just two denims, the oversized jacket and the long jacket. I wish I could get them all but my they're too heavy, I think two is enough for the mean time.

These jackets are supposed to be wash and pack in my luggage, but how could I unused such? They're to radical! I must wear them immediately! After wash day, I wear the oversized one. And here are some of my OOTD-photos.


Did this oversized jacket look like from my grandmother's closet? Or did this gave a twist to my minimalist OOTD?

Leave your comments or email me.
Don't forget to follow me on my Instagram and Tumblr Account (Links are on my Sidebar). Thank you!


Xoxo,
Aika 💋





No comments:

Post a Comment